NYSSFA offers an excellent opportunity to stay current with the industry. The organization is progressive and gives the membership the opportunity to build professional relations through a shared learning experience.
- Information and ideas: Through meetings and publications, members exchange ideas and keep abreast of new developments in the industry. NYSSFA provides a forum for discussing management successes and failures that can aid its members in the increasingly demanding world of business.
- Labor Data: NYSSFA provides a forum for comparing data on safety, wages, benefits, insurance, pensions, and related topics.
- Contacts: NYSSFA provides opportunities to meet and get to know other steel fabricators from across New York State.
Most NYSSFA members are also members of the American Institute of Steel Construction. NYSSFA is not in conflict or in a competitive posture with AISC. NYSSFA encourages companies to join both organizations and many NYSSFA members participate in AISC on committees and in various leadership positions.
Regularly Scheduled Meeting topics include:
- Sales and Marketing
- Engineering and Detailing
- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Legal Issues
- Safety and Environmental
- Management and Administrative
- Workers Compensation
- Statistical Surveys
Mill representatives provide the association with industry updates at each meeting, reporting on current business conditions and lead times as well as forecasts of the future - a great opportunity to get to know the key personnel of the steel producers. Other affiliates keep the membership current on issues affecting service centers, joist, deck, bolts, paint, galvanizing and fabricating machinery.
business to prosper
NYSSFA fosters continual improvement of members' business, and personal development through education and idea exchange. Its meetings and activities are characterized by open dialogue, planned presentations and social interaction. What better way to inspire and stimulate continual improvement for your company and management team.
The member companies range in size from small to large. The organization is non-profit and fees are very affordable.